So here it is, the end of December 2016!
Are you thinking about 2017 and changes you would like to make etc.?!
Here are 7 Simple Reminders to “Train Yourself” to be Happy
1. THREE WALKS - The more physically active we are, the greater our general feelings of excitement and enthusiasm. Just 30 minutes of brisk walking 3 x a week!
2. THE 20 MINUTE REPLAY - Writing for 20 minutes about a positive experience dramatically improves happiness because you relive the experience as you are writing it and relive it every time you read it. Your brain sends you back. You can do this to improve relationships as well. It can help us to remember the things we like about people and experiences in our lives.
3. RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS – Scientists have even documented the increase of well-being from doing kindness acts. (Though we have even greater motivation from God to show His love to people.)
4. A COMPLETE UNPLUG – “The richest, happiest and most productive lives are characterized by the ability to fully engage in the challenge at hand, but also to disengage periodically and seek renewal.” Jim Loehr & Tony Schwartz (The Power of Full Engagement) Seek to have a complete downtime after work to recharge for the next day. Turn off your phone after dinner. Take “no internet” vacations. (Check out “Selah Among the Hills” for a peaceful get-away.
5. HIT FLOW – “…being completely involved in an activity for its own sake. Everything falls away. Time flies. Every action, movement, and thought follows inevitably from the previous one. Your whole being is involved and you are using your skills to the utmost.” Creativity really facilitates this activity. Check out my website Intuitive Painting/ Releasing Creativity Workshops to schedule a fun mixed-media art experience for you and your friends!
6. 2-MINUTE MEDITATION – Besides the Biblical encouragement and the spiritual benefit of meditating on scripture and spending time in God’s Presence, research reveals that brain scans of people before and after meditation show that parts of the brain associated with compassion and self-awareness grew while parts associated with stress shrank! Meditation can “permanently rewire” your brain to raise levels of happiness. It sounds like science has once again discovered the truth of God’s Word. Romans 12:1-2 tells us to renew our minds with the Word of God.
7. 5 GRATITUDES – If you can be happy with simple things, then it will be simple to be happy. Be grateful for 5 things a week. You will be happier and healthier. ( I am sure we can find more than 5 things a day! LOL!)
There is a link between how happy you are and how long you live! Let us let the JOY of the LORD be our strength!!
May you truly have a Happy New Year!
May God guide you into a blessed and prosperous new year!
Check out this free video on the grassroots of revival at Bethel HERE!